Dra. Carmen del Águila
Medical license number: 31324
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid in June 1991, awarded Outstanding.
Specialist in Ophthalmology, 1996. Specialty training at San Carlos University Clinical Hospital in Madrid. Recognition of Bachelor’s degree in Medicine in the USA in 1993 and specialty training at the Department of Plastic Surgery at Royal Victoria Hospital, Canada 1993.
Works with the Oculoplastic, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery Unit.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid in June 1991, awarded Outstanding.
- Ophthalmology Specialty Training in 1995, at San Carlos University Clinical Hospital in Madrid.
- ECFMG CERTIFICATION. Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. Recognition of Bachelor’s degree in Medicine in the USA in 1993.
- Subspecialty Training - Physician assistant - at the Department of Plastic Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital. Montreal, Canada. 1990-1993.
- Training with the Orbit and Ocular Appendages Department at Bellvitge University Hospital (Barcelona), 1996-2001.
- Obtained 36 credits in the Ophthalmology PhD programme, awarded Outstanding. Complutense University of Madrid, 1994.
- Presentation of the doctoral thesis entitled: Valor de la reducción tensional intraocular en las diferentes formas de patología glaucomatosa at the Complutense University of Madrid, 1998.
- Scholarship in the European Medical Student exchange programme at the General Hospital of Antalya, Turkey. 1989.
- Training assistant in the Department of General Ophthalmology at Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada. 1992.
- Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at Sant Joan de Déu-Martorell Hospital (Barcelona) since 2001. Surgeon in the Department of Oculoplastics, Tear Ducts and Anterior Segment (Cataracts and Glaucoma).
- Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at the Sagrada Família Clinic in Barcelona. Anterior Segment and Oculoplastic Surgery. 2000-2001.
- Specialist in the Department of Ophthalmology at the Dexeus University Institute, Barcelona. Oculoplastics Department. 2001-2006.
- Practising at Clínica del Pilar, Barcelona, 2007-2012.
- Practising at the Condal Institute of Ophthalmology. Department of Oculoplastics and Reconstructive Surgery since 2012.
- Director of the Training course “Inicio a la facoemulsificación” at Lab. Alcon-Cusi. El Masnou. 2003-2010.
- Director of the Training course “Casos Complicados en la cirugía de Catarata” (at Lab. Alcon-Cusi, El Masnou. 2004 to date.
- Organiser of the Training course on Erbium: YAG laser in Oculoplastics, given at ASCRS (American Society of Cataracts and Refractive Surgery) in 2001 in San Diego, California USA.
- Organiser of the Training course on Erbium: YAG laser in Oculoplastics, given at ESCRS (European Society of Cataracts and Refractive Surgery) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2001.
- Numerous publications and scientific communications and participation at national and international congresses and scientific meetings.
- Member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology.
Activities with charity organisations
Collaboration with the NGO Proyecto Visión and participation in the surgical field in 2005 at the St. Louis Eye Clinic in Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia.